Volunteer ⇒ Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What can I do?
• Collect toys
• Sort toys
• Inventory toys
• Set up an attractive shop so parents can easily choose what they would like
• Transport collection boxes and toys
• Help to give away toys
• Help with toy shop clean up
Question: Is there are minimum time commitment?
• For Toy Shop Setup, shifts are arranged in two-hour segments but volunteer time is flexible.
• For Toy Distribution, we ask for a 5 hour commitment (including orientation time).
Question: Is there a minimum age for volunteers?
• Not for Toy Shop Setup, but all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
• For Toy Distribution, everyone must be 16 years of age or older because younger children are not permitted in the shop on that day.
Question: Can I get credit for Community Service?
Answer: Yes – we are a registered not-for-profit corporation and can document community service hours.
Question: How do I volunteer?
Answer: For individuals or groups of 6 or less, register online.
Question: Can my group (Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, church groups, employee organizations, etc.) participate?
Answer: Yes…groups of 6 or more should register by emailing volunteers@ShareAGift.org (preferred) or calling (720) 446-TOY1 (8691)
Question: Is there a maximum number of volunteers that can work?
• For Toy Shop Setup, we restrict numbers to approximately 30 persons in the shop at any one time.
• For Toy Distribution, over 100 volunteers are needed for each of the morning and afternoon sessions. Spanish speakers are especially welcome.
BEFORE registering, emailing or calling, please FIRST read and review all of our volunteer information: